Airbag Injury Lawyer
As supplemental restraints that work alongside seat belts for added protection, airbags consist of three main parts—an airbag module, diagnostic unit and crash sensor. Without question, when an airbag performs properly, it can save a person’s life. Yet, the reality is—airbags are not without risks or product liability. Specifically, airbags may cause injury to drivers or passengers when:
- They deploy when they shouldn’t (perhaps due to crash sensor malfunction)
- They do not deploy at all (perhaps due to an electrical short circuit)
- They deploy with great force (perhaps due to poor construction)
- They deploy too slowly (perhaps due to improper installation)
It’s important to understand that when airbags deploy correctly, individuals may experience abrasions and burns. In these cases, however, the minor injuries sustained do not compare to the severity of injuries if the airbag did not deploy at all. On the other hand, when airbags deploy randomly, the potential for sustaining serious injuries is high.
Consider the following airbag-related injuries:
- Abrasion or irritation to the face, or “airbag dermatitis”
- Burns to the face or chest
- Contusion of the face, chest, or knees
- Strain or fracture of the cervical spine
- Fracture of the face, collarbone, or wrists
- Skull fracture
- Compression of the brain, leading to traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Laceration of internal organs
- Eye injury, trauma
- Internal bleeding
- Placenta puncture or trauma (in pregnant women)
Contact An Airbag Injury Attorney In Charleston
Though manufacturers continue to develop advanced airbag systems with enhanced capabilities and features, they continue to cause injury by deploying inadvertently, extending in the wrong direction and inflating into a round shape instead of an oblong shape. With continued issues regarding sensor placement and sequencing of airbags, victims have the legal right to pursue compensation when they’ve been injured by a defective airbag. The key is contacting an airbag injury attorney with persistence and dedication to the details of your claim.
Taylor is committed to pursuing compensation for his clients. To discuss your airbag injury and potential product liability claim, contact The Taylor Anderson Law Firm today for a free case evaluation.